Contestant Application Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCEPTING THEM AND SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION. BY COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. These terms and conditions apply to your application to take part in the first series of the Australian television programme provisionally entitled, ‘Mastermind’ (the “Programme”) which BBC Studios Australia Pty Ltd (“BBCS”) proposes, but does not undertake, to produce.
2. To be considered as contestant for the Programme you must submit a completed application via this website by the specified closing date. Applications will only be considered if they are received via this website by the closing date.
3. Only one application per person will be considered for the Programme. Multiple applications may result in your applications being withdrawn from the Programme application process.
4. You agree that due to the large number of applications for the Programme, BBCS may not be able to acknowledge or respond to each application but only to those of successful applicants whom BBCS has shortlisted in its absolute discretion. You further agree that applicants will be selected at the absolute discretion of BBCS, whose decision will be final. You agree that there will be no right of appeal against any decisions taken by BBCS on this matter.
5. You agree that attending an audition does not automatically mean that you will be appearing on the Programme and BBCS reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time to postpone or cancel your attendance in the recording of the Programme even if you have been given a date to attend such recording.
6. By submitting your application, you warrant and represent that:
a. you have truthfully and accurately completed the application and agree that BBCS may in its absolute discretion disqualify you from any stage of the Programme if you supply or have supplied any untruthful, inaccurate or misleading details or information or have failed to abide by the rules and regulations of the Programme or otherwise have deceived BBCS about your identity or fail to abide with any other reasonable instructions or directions of BBCS or are otherwise in breach of any of these terms and conditions;
b. you are at least 18 years of age at the time of applying and, if required, you will supply a copy of your birth certificate or passport;
c. you have the right to live and work in Australia. Contestants who do not have the right to live and work in Australia cannot take part in the Programme;
d. if required as part of the application process, you have disclosed to BBCS in writing full and complete details of any and all criminal convictions, criminal charges or criminal or civil proceedings of any kind whatsoever from any country (other than spent convictions), and following submission of your application, you will notify BBCS if you are charged with any offence. For the avoidance of doubt, a criminal conviction includes any unspent convictions, initial plea, verdict or finding of guilt, plea of no contest, or pronouncement of sentence by a trial court, even if that conviction may not be final or sentence actually imposed, until appeals are exhausted. Criminal convictions will not necessarily result in rejection of an application and applications will be assessed on a case by case basis in BBCS’s absolute discretion;
e. you are not subject to any legal proceedings (whether criminal or civil) in any part of the world that might prevent you from participating in the Programme and that you will inform BBCS immediately in writing if you become aware of any such potential or actual legal proceedings;
f. you have never been part of or contributed to a media story or events that may reasonably be considered to bring BBCS or the Programme into disrepute and you further warrant that you will not withhold information from BBCS of any material fact (including but not limited to existing medical conditions) that may in the reasonable opinion of BBCS jeopardise or otherwise impact on the Programme or which might result in publicity adverse to the good name of BBCS or the Programme and you agree to notify BBCS should you have anything in your history that may result in negative press or publicity;
g. you are not employed, and have not been previously employed or engaged, by BBCS, the Programme broadcaster or anyone associated with the Programme and that you are not a cohabitating or live-in partner or an immediate relative (i.e. mother, father, son, daughter, brother or sister) of an employee of BBCS or anyone involved in making the Programme. BBCS reserves the right to render ineligible any person who BBCS determines, in its absolute discretion, is connected with the Programme;
h. you have provided and will continue to provide BBCS with all information requested by BBCS in connection with its consideration of you as a participant in the Programme; and
i. you do not know of any medical or psychological or psychiatric or other condition which could affect or prevent your participation in the Programme or which could potentially endanger or detrimentally affect your own health or the health of your fellow participants. You confirm that you will notify BBCS immediately if there is any change in your health prior to or during filming. If you have withheld information or given incorrect or incomplete information to BBCS, you will be liable for any damages suffered by BBCS as a result including, but not limited to, possible additional costs of production. You consent to any physical or mental examination as BBCS considers reasonably necessary in order to assess your fitness to be a participant in the Programme.
7. You acknowledge that in the event of any dispute concerning your eligibility or fitness to participate in the Programme, the decision of BBCS will be final and binding.
8. If you are selected to participate in the Programme, you may have a chance to win a prize in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Programme or as otherwise notified to you (the “Prize”). Following your selection, BBCS will confirm whether or not a Prize is available and, if so, such details of the Prize as are available.
9. BBCS reserves the right to exclude you from participating or participating further in the Programme or exclude you from the chance of winning the Prize if you are party to any arrangements with any of the other participants in the Programme in relation to the Prize. You agree that in any event BBCS will not be liable to you for any arrangements made between you and any of the other participants in the Programme in relation to the Prize.
10. Except in respect of the possibility of winning a Prize, there is no cash incentive, prize, benefit, compensation or other remuneration offered to you for taking part in the Programme.
11. You acknowledge and agree that there may be tax implications in the event that you win a prize and that in no event will BBCS be liable for any such tax or any other payments that may be applicable.
12. You undertake not to make any statement or give any interview with any third party (including media outlets, internet sites or social media platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter) in relation to your application.
13. You will keep confidential and not disclose any information relating to your application or participation in the Programme or the Programme itself (including fellow contestants, any Prize, results/outcomes and winners) or any information you obtain about BBCS, its related bodies corporate, the Programme broadcaster, BBCS’s licensees, contractors or agents, nor shall you enter into any agreement with any third party in connection with your application or participation in the Programme.
14. By submitting your application, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and to grant all rights and waivers set out herein in the event that you are selected to participate in the Programme (including any audition for the Programme). You agree that appearing in the Programme as a contestant is adequate and sufficient consideration for the rights granted to BBCS hereunder.
15. You warrant that you comply with and will continue to comply with each of the eligibility requirements set out above and that if required by BBCS, you agree to provide BBCS with documentary evidence as well as provide all consents and assistance in carrying out any police background searches if so required by BBCS to substantiate the information provided in your application.
16. BBCS shall not be liable to you, either directly or indirectly, in respect of any loss or damage to you, your property or possessions while in transit or during your attendance at any casting auditions.
17. You agree to notify BBCS in writing immediately of any changes to the circumstances or information or data provided in your application.
18. You agree that BBCS’s decision in relation to selection of participants in the Programme is final and not subject to challenge or appeal.
19. These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of New South Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales.